Monday, November 10, 2008

New Beginnings

Some people wait until Janurary 1 to start over. Stop smoking, finally start a diet and exercising, change something in their life they don't like. I am a bit inpatient and couldn't wait until Jan 1. After 6+ years with the big M hotel I left the company to work for an association in DC as a conference coordinator. This is exactly what i have been wanting to do for years and I am so thrilled to start working for this association and with my coworkers and just to start over. Sure there are a few things that has anxiety running through my veins, like how am I going to adjust to the pay cut, will I avoid injury until Dec 1 when my insurance starts up, what time do I show up for work today. But that certainly outweighs the anxiety I felt with my other job; will I make goal, how many clients will yell at me today, when am I ever going to get out of this job. Thankfully I don't have to ask myself that last question any more. I am excited about this new job opportunity, the new schedule, new commute and finding a renewed sense of 'me' - self-assure, confident and *gasp*....happy.



This always makes me smile: 'Ripe'; Ben Lee

No comments: