Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Winning a Lottery of Sorts

Today I found out I won a lottery selection of sorts. They announced the 300+ runners for the 2008 Bull Run Run 50 mile trail run. This will be my first run of this distance and needless to say I am filled with mixed emotions. I am a bit bummed that I decided to take myself out of running 40 miles at Uwharrie next weekend, but after a winter of lackluster training and a recent bout with tendinitis in my left foot I figured it was the best thing to do. I have other, more important races to do this year and there is no sense in making things worse for my body now.

Besides, getting an entry spot into BRR I think is the kick in the pants I need. I read a lot of runner/triathlete blogs daily and they go on and on about feeling fat for eating a candy bar, or slow after a 4000yd AM swim or sluggish after a 90min easy run. How about this---I've probably done the same amount of training From May-Dec 2007 that I completed in 1-2months during Ironman training in all 3 years I have done an IM. How's THAT for fat/lazy/sluggish. But I am making a commitment to my training to do this run in April and do it well. With a candy bar here or there for a little motivation.


Because it's on now and I love it - U2: City of Blinding Lights

No comments: