Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year: Traditions

Happy 2008! New Years Eve is one of my favorite days because I love to get all dressed up, go out and party and drink and have a great time. Then on Jan 1 I usually spend the day hung over all day, laying on the sofa watching a marathon of 'Biggest Loser' on Bravo channel crying at the end of each episode. Well I wasn't going to let this year end that tradition. I did go to a party at a friend's house, got all gussied up and spent the rest of the night drinking and having a great time. NY day was as mentioned before - hung over all day laying on the sofa. The champagne - even just a little bit - gets me every time. TBL did have a marathon on Bravo but I didn't watch it because it was from a few seasons ago, so I've wept over those episodes already. I watched some hockey and a movie, had an appetite finally around 3pm for something greasy to soak up the alcohol in my belly and settled with pizza.

I don't make resolutions because I don't think you need to wait until Jan 1 to set a goal for yourself for the entire year when you have each day, hour, or tomorrow to do that. Besides, I read somewhere that it takes 21 days to quit something or better yet start a good habit. I do plan on changing somethings - better work/home life balance, cooking new meals, firm up my finances to name a few but I don't want to call them 'resolutions'. Just a few things to make for a better me in 2008.



No comments: