Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Good Dose of 'Home'

I returned from Michigan this evening and I already miss being there. I arrived on Saturday 12/22 and flew in this evening to DC and my time there flew by. Cousins from Chicago came in for a few days so we spent time eating, swimming, sledding and had 2 sleep overs at our house (cousis are 10, 8 and 6 yrs old). We had snow there and it was so beautiful! About 4" on the ground when I got there and we got about 5 more inches on Friday night. I have pictures to post as well to show how a city can manage with snow without freaking out.

The best part about being home was of course spending time with my 2.5yr old nephew, Brody.
This video shows just how much fun we had with just an empty laundry basket, absent brother-in-law (he would have freaked out I'm sure) and a happy aunt.
Key things here: the words 'faster', 'ok, slow down', watch his eyes as the room slows down, and 'do again!'

We also listened to 'Pootie Pootie' on my iPod over and over and danced. It's the song 'Ms. New Booty' by Bubba Sparxxx but he LOVES it. I taught him some new dance moves including one where he had to fold his hands 'like you're praying in church' and could only imagine him on Sunday doing that at church (he didn't....yet). We threw a nerf ball at each other, I chased him around the house, and danced some more. I had sent a christmas card to them and decided to sent a separate one with a rocking horse on it just to him. When we were looking for the nerf ball I saw my card taped on his bedroom door and stopped my nerf hunting to asking 'Brody...who gave you this card?'

'You did Aunt Emmy! Thank you Aunt Emmy'.

Oh..he just melts my heart. Then I found the nerf ball, whipped it at him again and we ran around the house some more. And this was all within the first few hours of me arriving in Michigan. You can only imagine how the rest of my stay was? Especially when it started with heart melting moments like this and fun ways to entertain with a laundry basket and an Aunt Emmy who loves her nephew.

the Nephew's favorite song - Bubba Sparxxx: Ms. New Booty

No comments: